Wednesday 26 December 2012

Role Model

The more intensive I get along with my students and meeting their moms and dads, the better I understand that we spend time immitating/copying, benchmarking, refering, in many senses ,to our role models (can also be parents, here) we look up to. The old adage, 'buah jatuh tak jauh dari pohonya' (like mother or parents like sons or daughters), applies.

Do I look like my mom? 
Yes, physically, pelicularly in some parts of body; height, nose, eyes, facial expression and so on. I resemble her, though, the rest, is from Dad. But beyond that, she is partially not my role model. The case is similar with dad.

The way my mom reponds to problems or challenges, no! Although I need to say that I've accepted her imperfections as much as I do with mine. So, I am not saying that my mom is bad. It's simply that I have my own standard. This is to this simple, I would rather shop around and assemble my own action figure.

I believe this technique of growing up is relevant enough to those whose sorrounding is not supportive (tend to be negative) or to those who've lost ideal role models.

Find and observe the sides of people you happen to encounter in your life, and do copy-pastings the parts you like and create the very one you want to be or you are destined to be.

No comments: